Friday, May 13, 2005

 

Weekly Update

The stock market continues to show me no love. I lost $5,646 this week (1.4 percent), bringing my portfolio value down to $394,316. Although the percentage loss was on par with the S&P 500, I significantly underperformed the resurgent NASDAQ, which gained 0.5 percent on the week. Since the beginning of May, I have underperformed the NASDAQ by over 3 percent. The 9 month winning streak of outperformance against the S$P and the NASDAQ that I enjoyed through to April is now at serious risk, especially against the latter.

However, I remain optimistic. Last summer was especially miserable for my portfolio: everything trade I made turned out badly. I was able to turn it around then, and I am hopeful I will be able to light a fire under my portfolio this time around too. I don't have any specific plans for doing this. But some of my stocks are extremely undervalued now (GTSI, COBR, and KTCC especially come to mind). I think it's only a matter of time until they move higher, taking my portfolio with them.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?