Friday, July 15, 2005

 

Nevertheless, a good week for my portfolio

Despite fumbling the ball with BOSC (and then running the wrong way after the kick-off), my portfolio managed to have a strong week, increasing in value by $12,810 (2.9) to $455,738, which compares favorably with the S&P 500 (up 1.3 percent), the NASDAQ (up 2.1 percent), and the Russell 2000 (up a mere 0.2 percent).

I also opened a new position today in VII. The company is losing money but they have a good balance sheet and are investing heavily in new technologies in digital surveillance. Given the unfortunate events in Britain last week, I think companies like VII will stand to benefit over the long haul.

I also closed my short position in HOTT for a modest 10.3 percent profit. I'll put the winnings in my "short the pig" portfolio. The other two stocks in my experimental portfolios, AE and TWX are still open positions (though honestly I think AE no longer qualifies as a "momentum stock" since its price has become welded to the 21 dollar range. I'll keep track of what's happening in my experimental portfolios in this post, which I will update as events warrants. Have a great weekend everyone!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?