Tuesday, March 14, 2006

 

Stub stocks

Up 0.9 percent today. I sold my remaining shares of SMTX and APN. I had taken profits in both stocks in the past, so these were fairly small positions. Actually, that's a bit of an issue that I have with my portfolio. I tend to scale out of positions as the price of the stock increases. However, I often end up in situations where I have sold most of my shares and then the price falls but I still have a few shares remaining. These stocks (what I call "stub stocks") end up sitting in my portfolio. Some of them (like COBR and STRC) were once major positions, but now they reside in a purgatory in which they are either too cheap to sell or not cheap enough that I want to add to my position.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?