Friday, April 28, 2006

 

ACSEF's Big Adventure

My portfolio gained $17,099 (2.3 percent) this week, outpacing the S&P 500 (down 0.1 percent), the NASDAQ (down 0.9 percent), and the Russell 2000 (down 1.0 percent). For April, my portfolio gained $46,949 (6.7 percent).

Most of the gains this week were attributable to a single stock: ACSEF, which surged over 100 percent on Wednesday. I had 2500 shares of ACSEF. I sold 1350 shares at the open on Thursday (I literally slept through all the action on Wednesday; just as well since I probably would have sold too early if I had been watching).

Actually, I got skunked by the market markets at the open on Thursday. The stock was quoted at $10.40 just before 9:30, and then all of a sudden the MM's marked it down to $10, which turned out to be the opening print. The stock then proceeded to make a quick move to $11 before giving back some of its gains. I hate it when that happens (though it serves me right, should have used a limit order). Anyway, I'll hang on to the other shares for the time being. I don't want to be greedy but then again, I don't want to miss out if the stock move higher, as I think it may.

In other news, I sold my remaining 250 shares of AE at (almost) the 52 week high. However, now that I said that, I'm sure the stock will be at $50 in few days. I also continue to buy more shares of OCCF and EWEB. I think I'm the only one buying. That's okay, I guess I'll be the only one to make serious money off these positions. Over and out.

Comments:
Nice job on ACSEF

I looked on your blog and you indicted last July you bought it - but w/o much fanfare.

Curious what attracted you to it and/or how you even found it last July?

Thanks
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?