Saturday, May 06, 2006

 

Weekly Summary: Tormented

It was a truly pathetic week for my portfolio: down $2,377 (0.3 percent), substantially underperforming the NASDAQ (up 0.9 percent), the S&P 500 (up 1.2 percent), and the Russell 2000 (up 2.3). The main culprits were uninspiring earnings reports from companies like CBTE, KTCC, DYNT, and of course, the latest addition to my portfolio: TORM. Thankfully, nice moves in GV (a position that I have now closed), OCCF, and ACY helped offset some of the damage. Hopefully next week will bring better luck.

Comments:
Hey Stockcoach,

For one, let me say that I enjoy reading your blog, even though this is the first post I've made. I wanted to ask you what you thought about the commodities run (particularly in metals) that we are seeing here and whether this is all speculation or not.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?