Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

Yahoo and Thailand scare the market

The market got hit hard this morning on Yahoo's warning, apparently stemming in part from weaker than expected advertising on its finance site (considering how many Yahoo message boards have become shadows of their former selves after the new format was introduced, that's not too surprising). To make matters worse, news that there had been a coup in Thailand rattled the markets with memories of July 2, 1997 (at least for those traders old enough to remember that date). When I checked on my portfolio at lunch, I was down 1 percent. Fortunately, the market rallied and my portfolio was able to recover some of those losses and I ended up closing down 0.3 percent for the day.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?