Friday, November 10, 2006

 

Weekly Summary: No luck

There is no way to sugarcoat this week. The portfolio did very poorly, losing $2516 (0.3 percent) while the Russell 2000 gained 2.2 percent. That's one of the worst weeks of underpeformance that I have ever experienced. Still, one week hardly makes a trend. My view is that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. A week like this one is disappointing to be sure, but it would take a long string of such weeks for me to alter my basic investment strategy. I have a trading plan, I stick with it, and I evaluate it on a quarterly basis. And even then, I am loath to radically change a trading strategy that has worked so well for me for so long. The fact of that matter is that there is lots of noise in the market. Sometimes you get a bit lucky, other times you don't. This week saw earnings disappointments from DYNT, IFON, and CBTE. I accept that. Next week is a new week and hopefully a much better one!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?